Offline search (lunrjs index, autocomplete list and url-title-map) for static sites.
- Configurable and extensible (though underlying API currently quite rough around the edges); pluggable crawler steps, tokenizer and even indexer.
- Works for multi-module projects (those that correctly use the <distributionManagement> pom section)
- Generates an autocomplete list
- Generates a url-title-map (allowing presentation of the title in search results)
- Includes a copy UI search script (should work with maven skins; reflow, MSB3 and io.earcam.maven.site.skin - requires bootstrap and jquery)
- Process HTML and PDFs
- By default Javadoc and Xref generated content are minimally indexed to preserve index quality and minimize JSON size
- Does not support “snippet” highlighting - have experimented here, but performance issues ensue - future work to do this dynamically and lazily planned
- Does not handle building multiple search indices from projects containing multiple independent sites - the index will be generated in the root project declaring a reporting directory.
- Does not (yet) handle file formats other than HTML and PDF, although extensible with custom code